The long established London Actors Workshop has been running high quality acting workshops, casting director sessions and industry showcases in the heart of the West End for many years and are delighted to have helped so many develop successful acting careers.
Three months after the course I auditioned successfully for an agent - the LAW class on how to behave at auditions helped a lot. Four months after that I got the lead in a Sky TV promo - for which the class on acting on-camera helped immensely. And two months after that I got a stage role at Equity rate playing the dual lead - undoubtedly thanks to LAW acting classes. At the age of 60 I'm setting out on a new career thanks to LAW!Albert Clack
London Actors Workshop is an invaluable course where you can explore, create and grow.Leah Bullough
You get to meet some amazing people and work with such talented professionals from today’s acting industry.
An excellent course in the company of great people, within 3 days of the showcase I had 2 agents call me and was offered a part in a film, so thanks London Actors Workshop, it wouldn't have happened without you!Mike Long
RADA graduate Gugu took one of our first courses and has since gone on to become a mega-star, in films such as Belle, Beauty & The Beast, The Cloverfield Paradox and The Free State of Jones, opposite Matthew McConaughey. In 2017 she was awarded the MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2017 Queen’s Birthday Honours List for her services to Drama. In 2018, Gugu is starring in the upcoming A Wrinkle in Time and Motherless Brooklyn.
- Howard is building a very strong body of film & TV work with recent guest appearances on TV in New Tricks, The Five, Eastenders, Emmerdale, Little Boy Blue, Outlander, Victoria & Doctors!
Phenomenal stunt woman & actor, Amanda has recently become the new face of Boots No 7 at the age of 5o. She is constantly in professional demand, working recently in movies (Holmes & Watson, Paddington 2, Rogue One, Transformers) and in TV (Trauma, Vikings)
- Georgie is developing an impressive commercial CV and has recently appeared in commercials for Montagne Jeunesse, Post Office, Hawaiian Tropic, Barclays and Trust Bank Russia. She is represented by International Artists Management, a top London agency. She’s worked on the movies Mortdecai, The Mummy and Mission Impossible:Rogue Nation.
- Parker is in demand with such high profile work as ‘Lillehammer’, ‘Zero Dark Thirty’, The Mummy and in 2018, Deep State and Succession.
- Having relocated to the USA, Nathan recently filmed a leading role in ‘Courage, New Hampshire’ for PBS and starred in the movie ‘Sharp’.
- Helen performed for 4 years with The Cambridge Shakespeare Festival. Roles include Titania (Midsummer Night’s Dream), Lady MacBeth (Macbeth), Mistress Quickly (The Merry Wives of Winsdor), Regan (King Lear), Viola (Twelfth Night), Bianca (The Taming of the Shrew), Audrey/Le Beau (As You Like It)
On television she has played Miss Bingley (Pride and Prejudice) and Sarah in (South Riding) both for Greasepaint Studios.
Hannah Berry George
- Hannah is becoming a regular on London’s comedy circuit after appearing this year as the local doctor in ‘Emmerdale’. She’s also writing and acting in shorts such as Straight Up, Normaleyetis and Sexism.
- Laura worked hard after LAW, playing Melissa in RUSHOLME ROULETTE at the BBC Media City, Salford and Mariette in THE DINNER PARTY at The Greenwich Theatre, London as well as Lisa in Channel Four’s ‘Coming Up 2013’ series. Laura is now a very experienced TV & radio presenter, red carpet presenter, host, compere & voice over artist. She is currently living in Dubai, presenting the breakfast show ‘Radio 2 Mornings With Jason And Laura’ across the UAE, Abu Dhabi and Dubai. She has her own show every Friday 7am – 1pm and hosts ‘Love Nights’ every Saturday 10pm-midnight. She has interviewed an array of celebrities, artists, actors & musicians including David Tennant, Ant Mcpartlin, Michael Ball, Dame Kelly Holmes & Marcus Brigstocke.
- ‘Working on a very interesting Musical Theatre project… During rehearsals I have been cast as a presenter for a new, first of a kind, interactive dating show for CellCast Televison. Targeted at the South African audience, this will be shot in London and aired live in South Africa on Friday evenings.
- I would also like you to know that I used techniques and skills acquired at London Actors Workshop, for the auditions of both the Musical and the Presenter job. I believe this to be the reason I got both jobs! The confidence, experience and technical skills taught are INVALUABLE to any actor!’
“I can’t recommend The London Actors Workshop enough! For budding actors out there, this is the place to be. So much fun! Full of useful and practical advice about the profession and the craft…a wealth of knowledge to draw from!
What I like about LAW is that is firm but fair…exactly what you need to mould yourself into being a better actor. They push you and encourage you to push yourself making your experience all the more rewarding!
For the price you pay, I have to say you get a lot of bang for your buck! Amazing value, talented and understanding teachers who know how to nurture and develop creative talent. So glad I went and I haven’t stop learning since.
The amount of useful stuff I’ve learnt from the staff here at the London Actors Workshop I will carry with me throughout my career because it works. I managed to get an agent off the back of it and from the positive encouragement of the Workshop leader I feel more equipped to get out there and start working!
One of the most open hearted, open minded, non judgemental and creative environments to practice the art of acting! I can’t recommend it enough. Well organised and taught and offers you a showcase in front of invited industry professionals giving you a fighting chance to be seen. Thank God for the London Actors Workshop!”
“I met so many different people, made a lot friends, definitely worth doing”
(can be seen in Direct Line commercial alongside Harvey Keitel)
“I am doing better than I ever thought I would, have shot a corporate video and the movie Bonded by Blood 2. Auditioned for the lead in a comedy short film. When they phoned my agent to offer me the role, they told her that I was the last to be seen and they had already chosen who they would have, then I came in and turned it on its head – which is quite nice!”
- “John Melainey gave us everything as a director, and this brings great results”
- “Brilliant, loved it, we did so many different things…..enjoyed meeting casting directors and industry people who told us how ‘it is’, stopped me finding out the hard way by myself. Good, motivating people behind us, pushing us.”
- “Comprehensive, a really good platform for me to go forward. An honour to have Val Colgan on the course. Working on ‘Method’ is very personal and brings you together as a group. Combat was amazing, really useful class”
- “Fantastic course, helped me understand more about myself, opened me up to new ideas. If someone is serious about acting for a living and passionate about it as we all were, I’d recommend this course”
- “What did I get from the course? Of course, all the acting classes and techniques, improvisation and so on….. but then so much more, all the technical aspects of working on camera, castings, auditions, the business and industry knowledge, that’s why this course is so good”
- “A lot of highlights, Method Acting with Val Colgan to name just one but also the technical practical skills that you’ll need to work in TV. Really good value, it’s well worth the money”
- “Really liked the session with Paul McEwan, learned a lot from him about working on ‘soaps’ and meeting the casting directors, getting inside information with no ‘dressing it up’, just the plain truth”
- “So many wonderful things about the course…a really taxing class with Val Colgan, in a good way. The weeks have gone so quickly, I’ll miss it!”
- “I learned how to properly conduct yourself working on stage and screen, how to prepare for scenes and how to conduct yourself professionally. I’ve enjoyed every minute of it”
Leona Andrea Sontag
- “The detailed advice you get, even the smallest, most precise ‘criticism’, it can change the whole effect of what you’re doing, I really loved that”
- “Learned the differences between stage and television acting, it was great to have a TV director break it down for us. I learnt so much from that”
- “It’s helped me get back into acting after eight years. I’ve never trained in stage combat so got the most out of that class”